After Avianca’s withdrawal from the business integration with Viva Air, citing the impractical conditions set by Aerocivil to salvage the airline, the authority released a statement on May 15, outlining notable measures for the sector, including the following:
- Guarantees the access of new competitors and a balanced allocation of slots at El Dorado airport.
- The implementation of protection schemes for users affected by the suspension of operations of Viva Air.
- Strengthening of the Colombian Aeronautical Regulations (RAC).
- Modify the scope of the decision-making body for aero-commercial projects.
- Promote connectivity, competitiveness, and competition in the sector.